Online Education | Pediatric Drug Therapy 2019: Medical Care for Transgender Youth
Medical Care for Transgender Youth
This module will focus on the use of gender-affirming medications for transgender youth.
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be better able to:
- Discuss appropriate choice of medication or treatment modality for genderaffirming medical care.
- Review medication dose titration and monitoring guidelines for gender-affirming medications.
- Explain expected permanent and non-permanent effects of gender-affirming hormone treatment.
- Recognize common side effects and risks of gender affirming medications.
Katie Sumerwell, DNP, ARNP, FNP-BC
Adolescent Medicine, Seattle Children's, Seattle
- 1.30 Contact hours
- 1.30 Pharmacology hours at the advanced practice level