Online Education | Diabetes Update 2017 - Clinical Perspectives on Optimizing Diabetes Care (Rx)
Follow along with a hypothetical patient case to gain a better understanding of how the different classes of antidiabetic agents work in the body.
Crystal Zhou, PharmD, ASH-CHC
PGY2 Ambulatory Care Specialty Pharmacy Resident, Family Medicine, Harborview Pharmacy Services, Seattle
Comments from lecture attendees:
"As someone who is not a diabetes nurse, this presentation covering the basics of different diabetes drugs was so helpful."
"Strong PowerPoint with great clinical pearls."
"Crystal was well organized and blended research with clinical application well."
Watch a preview
For nurses, nurse practitioners, nurse educators, certified diabetes educators, dietitians, nutritionists, pharmacists, social workers, health educators, physical therapists and other healthcare professionals across all settings.
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
After taking this module, you will be better able to:
- Compare and contrast the mechanism of action of different classes of antidiabetic agents.
- Provided a patient case:
- Choose the most appropriate drug therapy modification to improve glucose control.
- Recommend an appropriate drug therapy modification to alleviate drug-induced side effects.
- Create a care plan for treatment of nephropathy in a patient who cannot use RAAS agents.
- 0.90 Contact hours
- 0.90 Pharmacology hours at the advanced practice level