Online Education | Diabetes Update 2017 - Sweet Baby! Implications of Diabetes in Pregnancy
In this comprehensive overview, Meredith Cotton addresses the many issues to consider when caring for pregnant women with Type 1, Type 2 and gestational diabetes.
Meredith Cotton, MSN, RN, CDE
Clinical Nurse Specialist, Diabetes Care Program, Group Health, Olympia
Comments from lecture attendees:
"It was nice to hear the personal stories combined with the professional perspective on the gestational diabetes."
"Meredith Cotton was so genuine. She offered great content and I loved the personal aspect as well."
Watch a preview
For nurses, nurse practitioners, nurse educators, certified diabetes educators, dietitians, nutritionists, pharmacists, social workers, health educators, physical therapists and other healthcare professionals across all settings.
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
After taking this module, you will be better able to:
- Describe the maternal and fetal risks for diabetes in pregnancy.
- Describe preconception care for women with preexisting T1DM, T2DM, or history of GDM.
- Discuss diagnostic criteria for GDM and overt diabetes.
- List the risk factors for developing gestational diabetes.
- Identify interventions to achieve glycemic control in pregnancy.
- 0.90 Contact hours