Online Education | Neuropsychotropic Drug Therapy 2017 - All Mixed Up? Unraveling Pharmacokinetics and Neuropsychotropics in Older Adults
This lecture, given by a pharmacist, will help you sort through the different mechanisms influencing the pharmacokinetics of psychiatric drugs. Information includes tips on accessing and evaluating drug interaction resources.
Karan Dawson, RPh, MS, PhD
Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Pharmacy, UW School of Pharmacy, Seattle
Comments and Reviews
"The talk on neuropsych medications was a highlight."
Nurse practitioners, clinical nurse specialists, nurses, pharmacists and other interested healthcare professionals.
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be better able to:
- Define the ADME (administration, distribution, metabolism, excretion) of pharmacokinetics.
- Review how changes in ADME as a result of aging may affect selected psychotropic medications.
- Apply ADME to selecting and monitoring specific neurospychotropics in older adults.
- Discuss the limitations of drug interaction programs.
- 1.05 Contact hours
- 1.05 Pharmacology hours at the advanced practice level