Online Education | Women's Health Drug Therapy 2015 - Weight Management: Beyond Diet and Exercise
This online module focuses on anti-obesity medications. Course content details are listed below in the learning objectives.
Sandra Christensen, MSN, ARNP
Owner, Nurse Practitioner and Medical Obesity Specialist, Integrative Medical Weight Management, Seattle
For nurse practitioners, clinical nurse specialists, nurses, pharmacists and other healthcare professionals in all settings.
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
After taking this course, you will be better able to:
- Identify obesity as a chronic disease.
- Describe the diagnostic criteria for obesity.
- Discuss the role of anti-obesity medications.
- Discuss the risks, benefits and use of anti-obesity medications.
- 1.40 Contact hours
- 1.40 Pharmacology hours at the advanced practice level