Online Education | Pediatric Drug Therapy 2017 - Antibiotics: Updating Your Answers to the W+ Questions
You have to know the latest information in order to educate your patients when it comes to responsible use of antibiotics. In this module, get the latest recommendations for practice, find your local resistance patterns and understand the core principles of antibiotic stewardship.
Teri Moser Woo, PhD, ARNP, CPNP-PC, FAANP
Associate Dean for Graduate Nursing Programs and Professor, Pacific Lutheran University School of Nursing, Tacoma; Pediatric Urgent Care, Woodcreek Healthcare, Puyallup
Comments from lecture attendees:
"Pertinent information. Really hit home with things I will need to know in practice."
For nurse practitioners, clinical nurse specialists, nurses, pharmacists and other healthcare professionals in all settings.
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
After taking this course, you will be better able to:
- Discuss general principles regarding antibiotic resistance.
- Describe how to determine local antimicrobial resistance patterns when making prescribing decisions.
- Describe recommendations for practice.
- Discuss core principles of an antibiotic stewardship program.
- 1.33 Contact hours
- 1.33 Pharmacology hours at the advanced practice level