Online Education | Pediatric Drug Therapy 2018 | Chemotherapy and the Trouble It Causes
Common Chemotherapy Agents and Symptom Management of the Pediatric Cancer Patient
Corrine Hoeppner, MN, ARNP
Nurse Practitioner, Oncology
Seattle Children's Hospital, Seattle, WA
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Identify the pharmacodynamics of common chemotherapy agents.
- Identify the common side effects of chemotherapy agents and why certain medications are chosen for side effect relief.
- Articulate how pediatric cancer treatment differs from adults, and reasons for choices of medications for symptom management in pediatric cancer patients.
- Watch or listen to the presentation.
- Submit an evaluation.
- Complete coursework by the expiration date (We'll remind you 60 days out.)
- 1.00 Contact hours
- 1.00 Pharmacology hours at the advanced practice level