Online Education | Pediatric Drug Therapy 2019: Proton Pump Inhibitors in Pediatrics
Proton Pump Inhibitors in Pediatrics
To Use or Not to Use...that is the Question!
This module will evaluate the risks and benefits of Proton Pump Inhibitors (PPIs) in pediatric indications.
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be better able to:
- Discuss the indications for when Proton Pump Inhibitors (PPIs) should be prescribed, evaluating the risks and benefits in specific pediatric clinical scenarios.
- Differentiate the diagnosis and management of Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) from other esophageal conditions that can clinically mimic GERD including Functional Heartburn and Hypersensitive Esophagus.
- Explain the role of PPIs in treating Eosinophilic Esophagitis (EoE).
- Discuss the role of PPIs in the management of H. pylori eradication.
Uma Pisharody, MD, FAAP
Pediatric Gastroenterologist, Swedish Medical Group/Pediatric Specialty Care, Seattle
- 1.10 Contact hours
- 1.10 Pharmacology hours at the advanced practice level