On-Demand | Sexual & Reproductive Health Drug Therapy 2020: Treatment and Prescriptions for Weight Reduction
Treatment and Prescriptions for Weight Reduction
This module will review the pharmaceutical and behavioral interventions of obesity.
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be better able to:
- Explore bariatric/metabolic surgical interventions for obesity, diabetes, and other comorbidities.
- Discuss pharmaceutical interventions for obesity.
- Understand behavioral interventions for obesity.
David E. Cummings, MD
Professor of Medicine, UW Medicine
DISCLOSURE AND CONFLICT OF INTEREST
As an ANCC-accredited provider, Continuing Nursing Education at the University of Washington School of Nursing (UWCNE) complies with ANCC Content Integrity Standards for Industry Support in Continuing Nursing Education Activities. It is the policy of UWCNE to ensure balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor in all its educational offerings. Speakers and planning committee members are required to disclose any financial or other relationships with a commercial interest organization producing health care goods or services.
A conflict of interest occurs when an individual has an opportunity to affect educational content about health-care products or services of a commercial company with which she/he has a financial, professional, or personal relationship. Disclosures for this speaker:
- Consulting, Speaking and Teaching: G.I. Dynamics, Magnamosis, DyaMx
- Grant/Research Support: Johnson & Johnson, for my COSMID RCT
- 1.20 Contact hours
- 1.20 Pharmacology hours at the advanced practice level