On-Demand Program | Stroke 2020
Looking to learn more about what you as a nurse can do to improve outcomes for your patients experiencing Stroke? Learn from top experts in the field with this online program, designed as a continuing education offering on essential skills for nurses caring for patients experiencing stroke. Sessions focus on Hemorrhagic Stroke, Advanced Neurological Assessment, Guidelines for Acute Ischemic Stroke, and Nursing Care of the Stroke Patient. Teaching methods include video lectures and case study analysis, and PDF handouts.
Nurses and other healthcare professionals who care for patients experiencing stroke in Critical Care, Acute Care, and Emergency Department health settings and other interested healthcare professionals.
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be better able to:
- Identify nursing interventions that improve outcomes for patients experiencing stroke.
- Develop a systematic approach to a neurological assessment.
- Describe updates to practice in the care of patients experiencing ischemic stroke.
- Discuss selected anatomic and clinical correlation, pathophysiology, and pertinent nursing assessment after hemorrhagic stroke.
1. Nursing Care of the Stroke Patient
2. Advanced Neurological Assessment
3. Acute Ischemic Stroke Treatment Updates
4. Hemorrhagic Stroke: Intracerebral and Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
- David Tirschwell, MD, MSc Medical Director of Comprehensive Stroke Care, Harborview Medical Center
- Pat Blissitt, PhD, ARNP-CNS, CNRN Neuroscience Educator and Neuroscience CNS, Harborview Medical Center
- Carey Stadler, RN, BSN, CNRN Neuroscience Educator, Virginia Mason Medical Center
- Sharon Daly, BSN, RN, CCRN, DNP FNP Student Nurse Planner, Continuing Nursing Education, UW School of Nursing, Seattle
- Marites Almachar, BSN, RN, CCRN, DNP AGNP-AC Student Nurse Planner, Continuing Nursing Education, UW School of Nursing, Seattle
- Brady Rainey, MBA, MPA, MSF Director, Continuing Nursing Education, UW School of Nursing, Seattle
- Kristen Trivelli, DNP, ARNP Lead Nurse Planner, Continuing Nursing Education, UW School of Nursing, Seattle
- Kari Lombard, BSN, RN, NCSN, DNP-PMHNP Student Nurse Planner, Continuing Nursing Education, UW School of Nursing, Seattle
- 6.00 Contact hours