Suicide Prevention Training 2019
Sign up to be notified when registration opens by clicking on the Register/Go to Activity tab. (You must be signed in to see the Waitlist button).
- Introduction (Perspective, Attitudes, Context)
- Assessment (Risk Factors, Protective Factors, Sample Assessment Questions, Risk Assessment for Safety Planning)
- Management and Treatment (The Safety Plan, Short and Long Term Interventions)
- Additional Topics (Role of Nurses, Self-Injury, Cultural Considerations, Postvention)
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
At the conclusion of the course, participants will be better able to:
- Describe risk and protective factors influencing suicide risk.
- Discuss facilitators and barriers to implementing suicide prevention measures.
- Demonstrate suicide risk assessment, treatment and management skills.
- Apply suicide risk assessment, treatment and management strategies to case scenarios.