Online Education | Women's Health Drug Therapy 2019: The Latest in Medications for Diabetes
The Latest in Medications for Diabetes
A 2019 Women's Health Update
This module gives an up-to-the-minute overview of medications for type 2 diabetes with a focus on diagnosing and treating women.
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be better able to:
- To identify factors involved in diabetes management that are unique to women.
- To discuss when to use newer therapies in patients with Type 2 diabetes.
- To appropriately manage cardiovascular risk in women with diabetes.
- To evaluate the use of insulin in treatment of type 2 diabetes in 2019.
Savitha Subramanian, MD
Associate Professor of Medicine, Dept of Medicine/Division of Metabolism, Endocrinology and Nutrition, UW School of Medicine
- 1.20 Contact hours
- 1.20 Pharmacology hours at the advanced practice level