On-Demand Program | UW Wound Academy | Wound Assessment
This module covers the components of wound assessment and provides interactive opportunities for practicing assessment skills.
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
After completing this module, you will be better able to:
- Identify general patient health issues which can affect healing.
- Describe a systematic approach to wound assessment.
- Describe how to measure a wound.
- Differentiate types of viable versus non-viable tissue.
- Identify common chronic wound locations.
- Patient assessment factors
- Psychological concerns
- Dimensions and measurement
- Tissue involvement and wound depth
- Tunneling and undermining
- Appearance of the wound base
- Wound edges
- Periwound skin
- Infection in chronic wounds
- Wound exudate
- Wound etiology
- 1.50 Contact hours