On-Demand Program | UW Wound Academy | Lower Extremity Venous Wounds
This module covers the components of wound assessment and provides interactive opportunities for practicing assessment skills.
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
After completing this module, you will be better able to:
- Describe the basic pathophysiology of venous wounds.
- Identify the distinguishing characteristics of venous wounds.
- Discuss the major treatment objectives for venous wounds.
- Classic signs and symptoms of venous disease
- Pathophysiology of chronic venous insufficiency
- Noninvasive vascular assessment
- Locating pulses
- Ankle Brachial Index (ABI) procedure
- Segmental pressure recordings
- Diagnostic studies
- Clinical features
- Treatment recommendations (compression, adjunctive therapies, topical therapy)
- 1.50 Contact hours