Podcast | Nursing Today | S1:E1 | Accidental Mentor
Strengthen your practice through mentoring.
Dr. Cindy Sayre is a devoted nurse leader and educator. In this podcast, Dr. Sayre explores strengthening your practice through mentoring or being mentored. She shares timely tips and tricks on tackling the imposter syndrome.
The lecture was recorded May 11, 2017. Teaching methods include audio and downloadable handouts. This course was reviewed in 2017.
Cindy Sayre, PhD, RN
Chief Nursing Officer, University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
- Define mentorship as it pertains to nursing.
- Discuss how nursing practice is strengthened when nurses identify a mentor.
- Discuss the ways in which providing mentorship to less experienced nurse strengthens the practice of experienced nurses.
"I come to work almost everyday feeling like I'm about to be discovered as an impostor. So relieved to know this feeling is shared by others."
"I can see now that formalizing the mentoring process is important."
- Listen to the presentation. (There are no handouts for this podcast.)
- Complete the evaluation.
- After submitting the evaluation, you can download and print your certificate. A record of contact hours earned will be in your account for six years.
Professional Credit Information
- 0.50 Contact hours