Podcast | Nursing Today | S1:E6 | Surviving and Thriving with Your Multigenerational Workforce and Team
There are five generations in the workforce today, all with distinct motivations and goals. It’s messy. It’s challenging—not only to work together, but also to keep from driving each other crazy. Learn about the characteristics of each of the five generations, the teaching methods and styles that best suit each generation, the technology preferences of each group and how you can use generational strengths and differences to build a healthy, functioning team.
Dixie Weber, MS, RN
Service Line Administrator, St. Luke's Health System, Boise, ID
"Dixie Weber was really funny. I found her presentation to be motivating and incredibly relevant."
"This content was helpful for me to have more data for why we should break up a FTE and offer it as a job share. We clearly would benefit from the Millennial skill set in our organizational development department."
"A great presentation with good info for working with the different generations."
"So pertinent to nursing, and I feel like it has never been addressed."
- Listen to the presentation.
- Complete the evaluation.
- After submitting the evaluation, you can download and print your certificate. A record of contact hours earned will be in your account for six years.
Professional Credit Information
To earn contact hour credit, listen to the lecture and submit the evaluation.
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
- Describe the characteristics of the five generations.
- Describe the technology preferences of different generations.
- Describe the motivations and goals of the five generations.
- 0.50 Contact hours