Podcast | Nursing Today | S1:E2 | Opioids and the Way Forward: A Patient's Perspective
The Journey of a Chronic Pain Patient
Ron Weaver is a chronic pain patient who has journeyed through opioid use and beyond, and currently teaches a program called A Way Forward. A Way Forward uses alternative therapies to help manage chronic pain. His story provides valuable insight into the opioid crisis from the perspective of the patient.
The lecture was recorded January 2017. Teaching methods include audio and downloadable handouts.
Ron Weaver, BA
Owner, A Way Forward, Coeur d'Alene, ID
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
- Understand the patient perspective.
- Discuss a potential alternative method for pain treatment.
- Give reality to pain victory.
Comments from listeners:
"Ron Weaver's talk was powerful. Great to hear a patient perspective."
"Ron Weaver's session was eye opening. I am committed to putting myself in the position of the patient."
- Listen to the presentation.
- Complete the evaluation.
- After submitting the evaluation, you can download and print your certificate. A record of contact hours earned will be in your account for six years.
- 0.50 Contact hours