Podcast | Nursing Today | S1:E5 | Caring for Transgender Youth
In this podcast, Dr. David Inwards-Breland outlines the steps clinicians can take to ensure transgender youth receive the care they need—from the moment a patient enters the waiting room of their pediatrician’s office until they transition to the care of an adult provider.
The lecture was recorded May 2017 by Continuing Nursing Education at the annual Women's Drug Therapy Conference in Seattle, WA. Teaching methods include audio and downloadable handouts.
David Inwards-Breland, MD, MPH
Associate Professor of Pediatrics, Adolescent Medicine, Seattle Children’s, Seattle
"This was an amazing talk with lots of new information for me."
"We are seeing more transgender youth and young adults in our practice. This is not my area of expertise, but I felt this lecture was very helpful with perspectives, where to get information and the first visit, entry-level content."
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
- Describe the prevalence of transgender youth.
- Advocate for transgender youth as they transition.
- Construct medical treatment options for transgender youth.
- Listen to the presentation.
- Complete the evaluation.
- After submitting the evaluation, you can download and print your certificate. A record of contact hours earned will be in your account for six years.
Professional Credit Information
To earn contact hour credit, listen to the lecture and submit the evaluation.
- 1.00 Contact hours