Podcast | Nursing Today | S1:E10 | Make Nursing a Career, Not a Job
Episode 10 - Make Nursing a Career, Not a Job
Broadcast date: August 10, 2018
There are many reasons why people become nurses. And there are many reasons why nurses frequently switch jobs. But the number one reason most nurses stay in a job may surprise you. Learn what makes a good team, fosters the best work environment—and most of all—can keep you fully-engaged in your nursing career.
Constantino-Shor, MSN, RN, CRNI, CMSRN
Postoperative Clinical Nurse Specialist
Swedish Medical Center
"Cheri Constantino-Shor did an incredible talk. She is an excellent speaker."
"She has such energy for nursing and is a true leader in what it means to do self care and care for our peers."
"One of the most interesting speakers I have had the pleasure of hearing."
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
After listening to this podcast, you should be better able to:
- Discuss how change is an essential component of the healthcare environment.
- Correlate how self-reflection and work-life balance contribute to improved job performance.
- Be more aware of your contribution to the field of nursing.
To earn contact hours for this activity:
- Listen to the presentation. (There are no handouts for this podcast.)
- Complete the evaluation.
- After submitting the evaluation, you can download and print your certificate. A record of contact hours earned will be in your account for six years.
Professional Credit Information
To earn contact hour credit, listen to the lecture and submit the evaluation.
- 0.50 Contact hours