Webinars 2018 | Pediatric Drug Therapy
Thursday | May 31, 2018
Benefits of Attending a Webinar
- Attend remotely and participate in the live lecture.
- If you miss a live webinar, you can watch it later and still get credit.
- Register for one webinar or all the webinars listed below.
- Like what you're watching? You can sign-up after the live webinars and watch the recorded proceedings for credit.
For pediatric nurse practitioners, family nurse practitioners, physician assistants, clinical nurse specialists, nurses, respiratory therapists, pharmacists and other interested healthcare professionals.
This all day webinar series is designed as a pediatric pharmacology update at the advanced practice level. Sessions focus on current recommendations and controversies in drug therapy for common pediatric and adolescent health concerns. Teaching methods include lecture, discussion and case analysis.
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be better able to:
- Review updates in the treatment of type 1 and type 2 diabetes in pediatrics.
- Discuss safety of commonly used OTC and prescribed nutritional supplements.
- Review common medication reactions in the pediatric population and clues to more concerning presentations.
- Identify the pharmacodynamics of common chemotherapy agents.
- Discuss categories of illicit drugs, street names, routes of administrations and pattern of use.
- Asthma and Allergies: Best Practices for the Most Frequently Used Medications
- Common Chemotherapy Agents and Symptom Management of the Pediatric Cancer Patient Corrine "Cory" Hoeppner
- Is It a Drug Eruption, A Viral Exanthem, or Graft vs Host Disease: Yes! Robert Sidbury
- Nutraceuticals and Pediatrics: Updates and Up-and-Coming Sunita Iyer
- Street Narcotics: What Medical Professionals Need to Know Brandon James
- Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes Management Updates in Pediatrics Alfonzo Armstead
Rx = Pharmacology hours at the advanced practice level.
- Attend or watch one or more presentations.
- Complete a short evaluation for each presentation.
- Finish all activities by the activity expiration date (We'll remind you 60 days out.).
- Download your certificate.
- Internet Explorer User Tips (Firefox, Chrome and Safari are recommended.)
- PDF Help - If your agency prohibits the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Registering a Group or an Employee?
Fill out our Group/Employee Registration Form. The registration manager will process your request and notify participants by email.
- 6.00 Contact hours
- 6.00 Pharmacology hours at the advanced practice level