Webinars 2018 | Women's Health Drug Therapy
Tuesday | May 15, 2018
For women’s health nurse practitioners, family nurse practitioners, clinical nurse specialists, pharmacists and other interested healthcare professionals.
Benefits of Attending a Webinar
- Attend remotely and participate in the live lecture.
- If you miss a live webinar, you can watch it later and still get credit.
- Register for one webinar or all the webinars listed below.
- Want to attend in-person at UW Tower? Register for the LECTURE SERIES. Live audience space is limited. Please register early!
- Like what you're watching? You can sign-up after the live webinars and watch the recorded proceedings for credit.
This all-day lecture series is designed as a women’s health pharmacology update at the advanced practice level. Lectures focus on current recommendations and controversies regarding drug therapy for common women’s health issues and include appropriate pharmacotherapeutic principles and recommendations for patient and family education. Teaching methods include lecture, discussion and case analysis.
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be better able to:
- Recognize that MS is an auto-immune CNS condition that Affects 3:1 females.
- Discuss DSM V criteria for biopolar l, use of screening tools and diagnostic interviewing to identify disorder.
- Compare and contrast federal and state laws regarding the use of marijuana.
- Discuss how IBS pertains to women specifically.
- Discuss primary care approach to chronic pain disorders.
- Recognize obesity treatment algorithms, guidelines and the Care Continuum.
- Discuss medications for transition process - pharmacodynamics.
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Bipolar l Disorder: Diagnostic and Psychopharmacological Treatment Implications
- A Comprehensive Analysis of Medical Marijuana to Women’s Health Care Providers
- Primary Management of Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- A Practical Approach to Chronic Pain
- The Treatment Spectrum for Obesity
- Transgender: The Next Generation
- Attend or watch one or more presentations.
- Complete a short evaluation for each presentation.
- Finish all activities by the activity expiration date (We'll remind you 60 days out.).
- Download your certificate.
- Internet Explorer User Tips (Firefox, Chrome and Safari are recommended.)
- PDF Help - If your agency prohibits the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Registering a Group or an Employee?
Fill out our Group/Employee Registration Form. The registration manager will process your request and notify participants by email.
(Internet Explorer does not work with our website. If your work computer has IE, please access our website from your phone, tablet or laptop at home.)
- 7.00 Contact hours
- 7.00 Pharmacology hours at the advanced practice level