Apply to Wound Management Education | Certification Preparation
Are You Eligible to Apply?
- You must have a baccalaureate degree.
- Possess a U.S. state nursing license.
- Show evidence of one year of RN clinical experience within the past five years.
Guidelines for Successful Application
Admission is competitive due to limited enrollment. It is to your benefit to comply with all aspects of the application process and follow guidelines to ensure your application accurately reflects your strengths and abilities. All required documents must be submitted by the deadline in order to receive priority screening. It is your responsibility to be sure that all application materials are received by UWCNE.
How to Apply:
- Click the Register/Go to Activity tab above and choose the course you want to apply to.
- Log in or create an account.
- Click Register and pay the application fee.
- You'll get a confirmation email with instructions on how to proceed with your application.
- Submit required documents online or via U.S. Mail.
- Required documents will be reviewed by WMEP faculty.
- You will be notified via email if you are accepted into the WMEP program.
- Once accepted, you will submit a second round of required documents and pay tuition.
Please note: Application fees are nonrefundable and cannot be applied toward tuition.
► If you register and do not receive a confirmation from us after a few minutes, please check your junk mail folder.
Documents you'll need during the application process:
- Goal statement (approximately 300 words) which must include:
- A description of your previous work or clinical experience and your reasons for being interested in wound care.
- How you plan to integrate the knowledge and skills from the program into your career and professional goals.
- A description of the patient population you currently serve and plan to serve in the future. If applicable, mention populations in remote or underserved areas or populations who are underserved.
- Two references: References should be current (within past six months) from individuals who can describe your professional abilities, strengths in relation to clinical skills and any relevant wound care experience.
- Current resume. Your resume should follow a standard format including a brief description of your current and past work positions and education background. Any pertinent professional or volunteer activities that you feel would assist in screening your application should be included.
- Proof of current U.S. state nursing license.
- Transcript of baccalaureate degree in nursing or in another field. WOCN stipulates the only acceptable documentation of baccalaureate education is an official transcript from the institution which awarded your degree showing GPA