Week 1 | Educator Role (16170-SP)
- Ethical, legal and economic issues
- Teaching role and instructional settings
- The education process
- Learner assessment
- Instructional methods
- Presentation strategies
- Assessment of learning
- Determining the teaching plan
- Meet needs of learning related to culture and literacy
- Teaching resources
- Evaluation of teaching and learning
- Common teaching mistakes
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
At the end of this course work the learner will be able to:
- Identify ethical, legal and economic issues related to patient and staff education.
- Identify principles of learning including those unique to the adult learner.
- Identify two methods for assessing learner readiness, learning styles and
barriers to learning.
- Identify the rationales utilized for selection of instructional methods and materials.
- Demonstrate assessment of learning based on behavioral objectives.
Donna Rydberg, MSN, RN, CWOCN
Northwest WOC Consultants Inc., Certified Wound Ostomy Continence Nurse