Week 1: Role of Nutrition in Chronic Wound Healing (WMFC)
Please click the continue button to begin coursework for this activity.
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
After completing this session, you will be able to:
- Identify specific nutrients that are important for normal healing.
- Discuss how malnutrition influences healing.
- Describe patients who are at high risk for nutritional deficits.
- List four factors that can be assessed to identify nutrition problems.
- Discuss nutritional care for people at risk for pressure ulcers.
JoAnne Whitney, PhD, RN, CWCN, FAAN
Associate Dean for Research and Professor, Department of Biobehavioral Nursing and Health Systems, University of Washington School of Nursing; Harborview Medical Center Research Scientist and Endowed Professor in Critical Care Nursing, Seattle, WA