Week 4 | Topical Products - Part 2 (15181-SP)
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
After completing this session, you will be able to:
- Apply the principles of wound management that begin with a comprehensive patient assessment, into a topical management plan.
- Discuss the importance of maintaining a moist wound healing environment in product choice.
- Identify wound product categories.
- Describe the actions/indications for each product category.
- Identify the approach to determine appropriate wound product selection.
- Discuss steps necessary to establish a product formulary.
Renee Anderson, MSN, RN, CWON
Certified Wound Ostomy Nurse; Co-Director, Wound Management Education Program (WMEP) and Wound Management Fundamentals Course (WMFC), Continuing Nursing Education, University of Washington School of Nursing, Seattle; President, Rainier Clinical Consultants, Inc, Seattle, WA