Week 4 | Venous Ulcers (15181-SP)
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
After completing this session, you will be able to:
- Discuss how venous ulcers happen.
- Assess the client with venous ulcers.
- Identify characteristics seen in the patient with venous ulcers.
- Individualize an appropriate plan of care for the venous ulcer patient.
- Determine when to refer the patient with mixed disease ulcers.
Betty Hanrahan, MSN, CNS, ARNP-BC, CWCN-AP, CWS, FACCWS, CFCN
Certified Wound Care Nurse; Co-Director, Wound Management Education Program (WMEP) and Wound Management Fundamentals Course (WMFC), Continuing Nursing Education, University of Washington School of Nursing, Seattle; Fellow, College of Certified Wound Specialists