Week 5 | Diabetes Update (15181-SP)
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
After completing this session, you will be able to:
- Discuss categories of diabetes as identified today.
- Review updated diagnostic approaches to identify people with diabetes.
- State current recommended blood glucose ranges.
- Explain correct method for performing Semmes-Weinstein monofilament test.
- Compare types of neuropathy seen in the patient with a diabetic foot ulcer.
Betty Hanrahan, MSN, CNS, ARNP-BC, CWCN-AP, CWS, FACCWS, CFCN
Certified Wound Care Nurse; Co-Director, Wound Management Education Program (WMEP) and Wound Management Fundamentals Course (WMFC), Continuing Nursing Education, University of Washington School of Nursing, Seattle; Fellow, College of Certified Wound Specialists