Week 6: Negative Pressure Basics (WMFC)
Please click the continue button to begin coursework for this activity.
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
After completing this session, you will be able to:
- Discuss negative pressure (NP) history, development and use.
- Describe patient factors, underlying conditions to determine appropriate use of NP.
- Explain and state the absolute contra-indications of NP.
- Describe and participate in application/termination of NPWT facility guidelines.
- Discuss and compare cost issues across product lines.
Betty Hanrahan, MSN, CNS, ARNP-BC, CWCN-AP, CWS, FACCWS, CFCN
Certified Wound Care Nurse; Co-Director, Wound Management Education Program (WMEP) and Wound Management Fundamentals Course (WMFC), Continuing Nursing Education, University of Washington School of Nursing, Seattle; Fellow, College of Certified Wound Specialists