Week 6 | Wound Management Documentation (16181-SP)
Please click the continue button to begin coursework for this activity.
►Click Continue to go to the course activities
- Reason for consultation
- Brief medical history
- Wound history
- Factors impacting healing
- Tissue perfusion/oxygenation
- Nutritional status
- Focused wound assessment
- Short and Long Term Goals
- Treatment recommendations
- Plan for follow-up
- Assessment of Healing
- % true area reduction
- Bates-Jensen Wound Assessment Tool (BWAT).
- Pressure Ulcer Scale for Healing (PUSH)
- Electronic Medical Records
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
After completing this session, you will be able to:
- Describe the essential elements to include in wound management documentation.
- Identify tools utilized for assessment of healing.
Renee Anderson, MSN, RN, CWON
Certified Wound Ostomy Nurse; Co-Director, Wound Management Education Program (WMEP) and Wound Management Fundamentals Course (WMFC), Continuing Nursing Education, University of Washington School of Nursing, Seattle; President, Rainier Clinical Consultants, Inc, Seattle, WA