WMEP Application (15171) - Payment
To apply to the Wound Management Education Program (WMEP) at University of Washington Continuing Nursing Education, you must pay an application fee and complete all required documentation before you can register for the actual course. Your application fee is nonrefundable and can not be applied toward tuition.
After you make payment, please mail the following required documents to UWCNE. (We'll provide the mailing address and details in your payment confirmation email.)
If, after registering, you do not receive a confirmation from us within a few minutes, please check your junk mail folder.
Required documents for application
- Goal statement (approximately 300 words) which must include:
- A description of your previous work or clinical experience and your reasons for being interested in wound care.
- How you plan to integrate the knowledge and skills from the program into your career and professional goals.
- A description of the patient population you currently serve and plan to serve in the future. If applicable, mention populations in remote or underserved areas or populations who are underserved.
- Two references: References should be current (within past six months) from individuals who can describe your professional abilities, strengths in relation to clinical skills and any relevant wound care experience.
- Current resume. Your resume should follow a standard format including a brief description of your current and past work positions and education background. Any pertinent professional or volunteer activities that you feel would assist in screening your application should be included.
- Proof of current state nursing license.
- Transcript of baccalaureate degree in nursing or in a related field. WOCN stipulates the only acceptable documentation of baccalaureate education is an official transcript from the institution which awarded your degree showing GPA
After you apply, our program coordinator will verify your submissions and will notify you by email if you are accepted into the program. At that time you will continue through the application process. You will need to provide a second round of documentation. When all documents are approved, you will be emailed that you may register for the course.
For registered nurses who wish to apply for the WMEP course at UW Continuing Nursing Education.