Apply to Wound Management Education | Certification Prep | Summer/Fall 2019
Application deadline: May 24, 2019 - NOW CLOSED, Dates for 2020 coming soon!
Online Coursework: July 22 - September 6, 2019
Onsite Class and Clinical: September 9 - 26, 2019
How to apply
To apply to Wound Management Certification Prep at University of Washington Continuing Nursing Education, you can register here and pay the application fee. Once you have paid the application fee, you will submit all the documents listed below. After your documents have been reviewed by the instructors, you will be notified that you can continue with the application process. Your application fee is nonrefundable and cannot be applied toward tuition.
Once you pay the application fee, please mail or upload the following required documents to UWCNE. (We'll provide the mailing address and details in your confirmation email.). Or you can use the Register/Go to Activity tab to upload your documents.
► If you register and do not receive a confirmation from us after a few minutes, please check your junk mail folder or contact UWCNE at 206-543-1047.
Documents required during the application process:
- Goal statement (approximately 300 words) which must include:
- A description of your previous work or clinical experience and your reasons for being interested in wound care.
- How you plan to integrate the knowledge and skills from the program into your career and professional goals.
- A description of the patient population you currently serve and plan to serve in the future. If applicable, mention populations in remote or underserved areas or populations who are underserved.
- Two references: References should be current (within past six months) from individuals who can describe your professional abilities, strengths in relation to clinical skills and any relevant wound care experience.
- Current resume. Your resume should follow a standard format including a brief description of your current and past work positions and education background. Any pertinent professional or volunteer activities that you feel would assist in screening your application should be included.
- Proof of current U.S. state nursing license.
- Transcript of baccalaureate degree in nursing or in another field. WOCN stipulates the only acceptable documentation of baccalaureate education is an official transcript from the institution which awarded your degree showing GPA
For registered nurses who wish to apply for the WMEP course at UW Continuing Nursing Education.