Apply to Wound Management Education | Certification Prep | Winter/Spring 2019
Application Deadline: December 7, 2018 - Now closed, accepting applications for Summer/Fall
Online Coursework: February 6 - March 19, 2019
Onsite Class and Clinical: March 25 - April 11, 2019
How to apply
To apply to Wound Management Certification Prep at University of Washington Continuing Nursing Education, you can register here and pay the application fee. Once you have paid the application fee, you will submit all the documents listed below. After your documents have been reviewed by the instructors, you will be notified that you can continue with the application process. Your application fee is nonrefundable and cannot be applied toward tuition.
Once you pay the application fee, please mail or upload the following required documents to UWCNE. (We'll provide the mailing address and details in your confirmation email.). Or you can use the Continue/Take Course button to upload your documents. (You must be logged in to see the Continue button.)
► If you register and do not receive a confirmation from us after a few minutes, please check your junk mail folder.
Documents required during the application process:
- Goal statement (approximately 300 words) which must include:
- A description of your previous work or clinical experience and your reasons for being interested in wound care.
- How you plan to integrate the knowledge and skills from the program into your career and professional goals.
- A description of the patient population you currently serve and plan to serve in the future. If applicable, mention populations in remote or underserved areas or populations who are underserved.
- Two references: References should be current (within past six months) from individuals who can describe your professional abilities, strengths in relation to clinical skills and any relevant wound care experience.
- Current resume. Your resume should follow a standard format including a brief description of your current and past work positions and education background. Any pertinent professional or volunteer activities that you feel would assist in screening your application should be included.
- Proof of current U.S. state nursing license.
- Transcript of baccalaureate degree in nursing or in another field. WOCN stipulates the only acceptable documentation of baccalaureate education is an official transcript from the institution which awarded your degree showing GPA