Specialty Program 2020 | Wound Management Fundamentals Course | 20180 | Spring
This 30.0 contact hour course prepares healthcare professionals to practice evidence-based wound management with expanded skills and knowledge. Content is based on national wound management guidelines for a broad range of wounds.
The course is presented in two parts:
- Six Weeks Online Learning: The online phase of the course is taken independently and establishes a baseline level of knowledge for each participant. All assignments are completed and submitted online and can be accessed 24/7.
- Hands-on Workshop: Following the online phase, participants attend a workshop that includes additional lectures, demonstrations and hands-on skill development. Registrants attend the workshop at the location and on the dates designated by the Agency Coordinator.
Co-Sponsor Applications are now being accepted!
Hospitals and agencies in all regions of the country are invited to co-sponsor the Wound Management Fundamentals Course.
For more information, contact Patty Morrison at 206-543-7967 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions regarding registration, contact Hamida Moly at 206-221-2406 or email@example.com
For healthcare professionals in all settings, including wound care team members, treatment nurses, staff nurses and nurse managers in acute care, long term care, ambulatory care and community-based settings
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, you will be able to:
- Describe the basic structure and function of the skin.
- Identify changes in the integumentary system over the life span.
- Describe effective techniques for preventing skin damage.
- Describe the normal stages of wound healing.
- Describe the impact of comorbidities on wound development and closure.
- Identify systemic factors, such as nutrition, perfusion and pathology that influence healing outcomes.
- Assess and measure wounds including venous, arterial, diabetic/neuropathic, pressure ulcers.
- Describe wound product categories.
- Demonstrate competencies in pressure injury staging, ankle brachial index (ABI) measurement, Semmes-Weinstein monofilament testing, application of selected compression wraps and documentation.
Renee Anderson, MSN, RN, CWON
Certified Wound Ostomy Nurse; Director, Wound Management Education Program (WMEP) and Chairperson, Wound Management Fundamentals Course (WMFC), Continuing Nursing Education, University of Washington School of Nursing, Seattle; President, Rainier Clinical Consultants, Inc, Seattle, WA
- 30.00 Contact hours
REGISTRATION and WORKSHOP INFORMATION
Who can register?
To register for the Spring course, ONLY participants affiliated with a participating cosponsoring agency can register. Before registering as an agency student, be sure to contact the designated Agency Coordinator (AC) Co-Sponsor Agency Contacts. All registrants are welcome to participate in our Fall course: www.uwcne.org/wmfc-fall-2020.
Once you have registered for the course, follow the steps below to login to the classroom: