Specialty Program 2021 | Wound Fundamentals | 21181 | Summer
This 30.0 contact hour course prepares healthcare professionals to practice evidence-based wound management with expanded skills and knowledge. Content is based on national wound management guidelines for a broad range of wounds.
The course is presented in two parts:
- Six Weeks Online Learning: The online phase of the course is taken independently and establishes a baseline level of knowledge for each participant. All assignments are completed and submitted online and can be accessed 24/7.
- Workshop: Following the online phase, participants attend a workshop that includes additional lectures, demonstrations and skill development. Due to ongoing concerns regarding the COVID-19 Virus, UWCNE will host two workshop options: Livestream interactive webinar via ZOOM and a Virtual Workshop with self-paced skill sessions. Registrants employed by a co-sponsoring agency attend the workshop at the location and on the dates and format designated by the Agency Coordinator.
|Location||Date and Time|
|Online Phase||June 7 - July 16, 2021|
Livestream Workshop: July 28 and 29 (Wed. Thur.) 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. Individual registrants have the option to participate in the Livestream Workshop or a self-directed Workshop.
Agency Workshops are typically scheduled during the weeks of July 19-23 or 26-30, 2021. Specific dates are designated by the agency. Please contact your Agency Coordinator for details.
Registration Information and Workshop
The fee for an individual registrant is $695. The fee includes Livestream interactive workshop via ZOOM or Virtual self-paced workshop (available 24/7). Please register and pay online at your convenience.
Registrants employed by a co-sponsoring agency attend the workshop at their own facility (unless otherwise specified). Participants may participate in the Livestream Workshop or complete the workshop at their workplace via online technology and receive hands-on instruction from an agency-designated wound care specialist. Before registering as an employee of a co-sponsoring agency, be sure to contact the designated Agency Coordinator (AC). Agency Coordinator information is listed below.
Co-Sponsor Applications are now being accepted!
Hospitals and agencies in all regions of the country are invited to co-sponsor the Wound Management Fundamentals Course.
For more information, contact Patty Morrison at 206-543-7967 or email@example.com.
For questions regarding registration, contact Hamida Moly at 206-221-2406 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For healthcare professionals in all settings, including wound care team members, treatment nurses, staff nurses and nurse managers in acute care, long term care, ambulatory care and community-based settings
Objectives for Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, you will be able to:
- Describe the basic structure and function of the skin.
- Identify changes in the integumentary system over the life span.
- Describe effective techniques for preventing skin damage.
- Describe the normal stages of wound healing.
- Describe the impact of comorbidities on wound development and closure.
- Identify systemic factors, such as nutrition, perfusion and pathology that influence healing outcomes.
- Assess and measure wounds including venous, arterial, diabetic/neuropathic, pressure ulcers.
- Describe wound product categories.
- Demonstrate competencies in pressure injury staging, ankle brachial index (ABI) measurement, Semmes-Weinstein monofilament testing, application of selected compression wraps and documentation.
|Location||Date and Time|
|Online Phase||June 7 - July 23, 2021|
Workshops are typically two days during the week of July 19 - 23, 2021. Dates are designated by each agency. Please contact your Agency Coordinator for specific dates.
Due to concerns regarding the COVID-19 Virus, UWCNE will be offering a virtual workshop for individual registrants.
Kari Lombard, BSN, RN, NCSN, DNP-PMHNP Student Nurse Planner, Continuing Nursing Education, UW School of Nursing, Seattle
Patty Morrison, MDiv Education Specialist, Continuing Nursing Education, UW School of Nursing, Seattle
Brady Rainey, MBA, MPA, MSF Director, Continuing Nursing Education, UW School of Nursing, Seattle
Kristen Trivelli, DNP, ARNP Lead Nurse Planner, Continuing Nursing Education, UW School of Nursing, Seattle
- 30.00 Contact hours
Registration is open to individual and agency participants. Due to health concerns resulting from the COVID-19 Virus, UWCNE will be offering a virtual workshop. For agency dates and detailed instructions, please contact your designated Agency Coordinator (AC) Co-Sponsor Agency Contacts.
To learn more about this course, please contact Patty Morrison at email@example.com.